I am selling my 1992 Chevy G20 Van. It has a 4.3 liter V6 engine. It is a Mark III Custom Conversion van, but about 8 years ago I cleared the back out and have been using it as a work van (see photos). Now there are enough things wrong with it that I have decided to move on – but you may be able to use it for parts, or get it back on its feet if you are mechanically inclined. First, you should know what’s wrong with it:
• Transmission has lost overdrive, and about half the time it has no reverse either. Maybe it just needs a to be serviced, or maybe it’s dying.
• Starter – Mostly won’t start, sometimes it will. Maybe it’s just a loose connection, or maybe the starter is dead too.
• No AC and no heat. AC compressor blew up a long time ago. Then leaves got in the heating vent and it caught fire, melting the plastic cover over the heating element.
• Sometimes one of the spark plugs misses, sometimes it doesn’t. I replaced all the plugs and wires, but it didn’t help. One of the plugs is fouling pretty bad.
• Intake manifold was leaking water so that I had to fill the radiator every 25 miles or so – but then it stopped leaking a couple of months ago! Somehow, I doubt that’s permanent.
• To turn it into a work van, I removed the rear bench seat and did not keep it. I also removed one of the middle “captain’s chairs” but I still have that one and it comes with the van.
• Passenger side electric window not working, but driver side is working.
• As you look at the photo of the van, you can see that the drivers side running board is cracked. On the passenger side, the running board is broken in two in the same location.
• However, there is no other major body damage anywhere on the vehicle.
• Radio works, but you can’t have that – I need it for my replacement vehicle.
Well, aside from all that this van is just fine! Has a lot of good parts on it, and if you are a mechanic in need of a work van you could probably get it back on its feet. I am asking $475.00.
Calls only – . No emails.
Location: Orlando Downtown