Yamaha classified the keyboard as an "entry-level" keyboard.
- Has 61 full size keys, that are touch responsive like a real piano.
Touch a key softly and you get a quiet sound. Touch keys harder and get louder response. (Or you can turn off the touch response feature)
- The keyboard features a number key-pad on the right side of the LCD screen, which allows you to “dial-in” what voice or style you want directly.
- built-in Metronome so that you can learn timing.
- features 99 voices to choose from (plus a drum kit).
You can also use two different voices at once, with the Dual Voice function.
Another thing you can do, is “split” the keyboard. This allows you to make the first half of the keyboard once instrument, and the other half a totally different one.
- there are 100 styles to choose from. The Styles accompany you as you are playing,
beats, rhythms to play along with.
- features full Stereo sound, which there are two speakers, one on each side of the keyboard. There are options, which allow you to adjust how the echo and sustain fade from one side to the other.
- features an LCD screen in the center of the unit. This is where the vital information is displayed.
One benefit of the LCD screen, is that it shows the chords when you play them. Not sure what the name of a chord is, just view the screen.
Probably the most important thing about this keyboard, is that it’s compatible with any General MIDI program. MIDI is the universal music file that allows you to use music on your websites, and on your computer, and other keyboards. It’s a set standard, that makes it so that you are compatible with everybody else. The MIDI voices expand the amount and types of instrument voices you use. With a total of 128 voices to choose from already (and more when using a sequencer, sampling software, synthesizer, etc), there are no limits to what you can do.
- features a Cartridge Slot that allows you to but carts directly from Yamaha.
This allows you to expand the amount of Voices you can use, more Styles of backgrounds to accompany you, and more Demos to listen and Jam with.
- features Guide Lamps above each key. They light up and tell you what key to press when you are learning to play a particular song.
Location: oregon distric